Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Roughing It

Camping my way across the country can be rough.

 Yes, I occasionally bail out to a hotel.  After I left Dauphin Island, Alabama, my destination was Goose Island State Park, near Rockport, Texas, gateway to whooping cranes.  However, the two are about 660 miles apart, and in my wild, younger days, I could have gone that distance, nowadays, I'm older, wiser, and pulling a camper.  So my plan was to stay one night just across the Texas border, in a dog friendly hotel.  Turns out this one has a swimming pool and hot tub, of which I availed myself, as well as a nearby Mexican restaurant, where I sated myself.

After an early morning phone call from Mother about Aunt Vivian, and looking out the window at a grey, drizzly day, I decided to treat myself to another night, curled up in bed with a trashy book and trashy TV.

Then on to Goose Island State Park.....

No comments:

Post a Comment