Friday, December 1, 2017



Runnin' the road once more!!  Departing Columbia around 6ish in the AM, on Saturday, Dec 2.,  wending my way to I-20, where I will be for the next three days, until I am once again at Davis Mountain State Park in far southwest Texas.  I've been there before; it's wonderful for bird-watching.

Saturday will find me, I hope, at Frog Level Campground, in Philadelphia, Mississippi. (Yes, I could have used MS, but typing out Mississippi is just fun!)  Night #2 will be somewhere around Dallas...unfortunately.

But 500 miles (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADN1lLEp3H0) is about my limit, and that puts me pretty much in downtown Dallas.

If I don't set a mileage limit, especially when driving west, I drive until I drop.  As long as there's a glimmer of light in the western sky....I drive.  Very foolish.  So I established the 500 mile cap.

As long as the campground is safe, it doesn't have to be fancy.  All I do is pull in, pop up the camper, walk the little canine, and curl up in bed for the night.  And this time, I have new flannel sheets and a new fleecy electric blanket.  I'm not sure whether I've gone up or down since the first time I backpacked....with an old boy scout pack....painful.  I confess, though, that keeping warm is now a priority.

I wake up, put down the camper, and drive on for another https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADN1lLEp3H0.

When I reach Davis Mountain, I will unpack and relax....and write some more.
 

1 comment:

  1. Safe travels, Roadrunner! Looking forward to reading about your adventures runnin' the road.

    ReplyDelete