Sunday, December 9, 2018

Saturday Morning at the Bisbee Farmers' Market


 The Bisbee Farmers' Market is actually in Warren, a few minutes' drive from Bisbee, and a few minutes walk from my abode.  Yes, I've not been telling the truth when I say I'm in Bisbee; I'm in Warren.  Historic Bisbee is fairly pricey, Warren more affordable for moi.



 The Market is in a nearby park, and is a mixture of food and crafts.  As I neared, I caught a whiff of "the weed" but did not investigate as I was more interested in coffee.  I'd decided to have coffee and pastry at the Market.  And what a wise decision!  Coffee was excellent and the cinnamon roll pastry was gluten/flour/sugar free...and still surprisingly good.  In fact, I think that most all fruits and veggies are organic, and it was easy to find gluten free items.  Much of Bisbee is very health conscious.
The coffee just hit the spot on the slightly cool, though sunny, morning.  After my very healthy cinnamon roll, I decided to try a "Scottish Pot Egg."  The Bisbee version of a Scottish Pot Egg was not bad, though a bit rich, so I ate only half and brought the remainder back to the abode where it is now refrigerated.
   Ahhhhhh....the music man. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to insert the video so this photo must suffice.  As I drank my coffee and ate one half of my pot egg, I was enthralled by his voice and the sadness of his songs.  I bought a CD.

                                                                                 Santa was his usual jolly self though his outfit seemed to be brand new.  I guess Mrs. Claus was tired of washing all that chimney soot off the suit so made sure he began this season with a new one.  Santa did confess to me that earlier in the morning he'd been rather chilly but was now warming up along with the day. 

 What a good sport was Santa, about having me on his lap.  I was a tad heavier than he'd anticipated; most of his lap sitters were under the age of ten, not pushing several score....  However, it was for a good cause:  Bisbee Homeless, so I made a donation which seemed to compensate for my heft in his lap. 


All in all, a very pleasant morning of good coffee, good food, and delightful people-watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment