Monday, August 3, 2015

Westward Ho!

https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube%3A++amarillo+by+morning&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Given the photo, the astute reader may surmise that I am in Texas, and you would indeed be correct.  The KOA at which I reside this evening offers free limo service to the  Free If You Can Eat It 72 Ounce Hunk of Dead Moo.   (http://bigtexan.com/72oz-steak-rules/)

No longer an eater of Dead Moo, I passed and ate my humble sandwich at a picnic table in a lovely, cool breeze. 

Last night was also a KOA night.  A KOA is a bit like Olive Garden or Reno's Roadhouse:  Nothing fancy, but you know pretty much what you'll get.  Clean bathrooms, flat sites, swimming pool, dog area, play ground, friendly (sometimes too much so at the end of a long drive) hosts, with sites a bit closer than I'd like but not too close that I get claustrophobic.  After all, I'm not backpacking in the wilderness as I did in my stronger-backed younger days.

I'm on night 3 of the 1600 mile trek from Columbia to Albuquerque.  I could have done it in 3 days rather than 4, but the last time I did that, I utterly exhausted myself.  And why rush?  It isn't as if I have to get back to work.  Tee Hee......

Unfortunately, I have only one key with me, although I will have another made in Albuquerque. 

Why???

It has been hot hot hot, and humidity to go along, and that has presented a real problem.  With the car windows even cracked, the temperature inside would reach over 100 degrees within a very, very few minutes.  Wide enough open so  they wouldn't die, Abbey would be out like a shot, trailing me to my location.  That has meant that  I cannot leave the canines in the car long enough to go to the bathroom.....
And with that to puzzle you, I'm off to bed. 


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad I wasn't with you. 72 oz. of dead moo (accompanied by a couple of glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon) is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think for 72 oz of moo, you'd need a keg of vino!

    ReplyDelete