Saturday, November 12, 2011

10118 Coeburn Mountain Road, Wise, VA 24293



Although this house is lovely, and the color is soooooo me, it's a bit airy for the cold mountian winters.  It's the playhouse of little cousins, and the inside awaits the decorator, but I've been told that it will be pink.

I am excited about finally getting my "911 address" but please don't use it, as there is no mailbox!

I am, however, disappointed that 911 addresses have supplanted the original route numbers.   I still remember my grandmother's:  Route 1, Box 291 B, Wise, VA.  As children, we'd sit with her on the front porch in the swing or the big rockers, eagerly awaiting the mailman's run.  Then, with Grandmother watching carefully, we'd run across the road and snatch the mail from the box, look carefully to avoid the big coal trucks, then dash back to Grandmother.

Safe once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment