Wednesday, June 5, 2013

JET LAG.....THE EVIL, THE EVIL!!!!

As I mentioned earlier, I don't deal well with jet lag.  It is evil.  It is mine sworn enemy.  And yes, I know all the things one is supposed to do to overcome/compensate for jet lag, the most basic being to keep going when one arrives at the destination, rather than going to bed.

Try telling that to my body.  Believe me, I've tried, and my body just writhes with evil laughter, until I put it into a supine position.  Which is what I did upon arrival in Helsinki around noonish, that time.

I awoke around 5, took a long walk, and discovered that the Eurohostel is in a wonderful location, near the water, and just marvelously pleasant for walking.

After about an hour, I returned, ate that delicious salmon dinner, read for awhile, then off to the land of Nod......

To wake up the following afternoon around 3 pm.  While I didn't have big plans for the day, I had at least planned to get up.  Obviously, my body had laughed so hard at the notion, that it had worn itself out.

Oh well.  Consider all that money I was "saving while sleeping."

No comments:

Post a Comment