Tuesday, July 26, 2011

All-American 4th

The Fourth of July

I was not ready for prime time, meaning that I was dirty, sweaty, and needed a bath, but I ended up at a 4th of July family affair anyway. Extended family, so extended that I’d never met them, except for Jerry and Chris, who were unwilling to let me languish lonely on the anniversary of our nation's birth. I won’t comment on its current death throes, at least in this posting, but I will say that I ain’t happy with the 87 wacko Hell No newly elected radical, revolutionary, burn-the-house-to-save-it Republican representatives. Now back to our regularly scheduled celebration.


NONONO! Even in family friendly Scrabble, Lacey is not a word!!


The paint splotch on my dirty shirt is a nice touch. I wear long sleeves to protect my delicate self from the ravages of the sun.


My new favorite pasttime: Cornhole.


Setting up the shot.


Still needs careful consideration.


And.....the release. What form! Grace! Style!!!


The follow through. Notice the delicate footwork.


Competition form!


Rusted farm equipment is a genuine reminder of days gone by, not sculpture placed by the landscape designer.


Careful scrutiny before the shot.


And there it goes! Another winner!!

And yes, for those of you who're actually looking carefully at the photos, they are not in sequence. I'm allowed some artistic liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment