Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Players

Here in Wise County, everybody's lived here forever and everybody knows everybody else. So, everybody takes it for granted that I know everybody else and of course, I don't since although I'm about the seventh generation, I haven't lived here forever. If I'm confused, you must be so beyond befuddled as to be throwing up your hands in despair. It complicates matters that my maternal grandfather Hobart was the oldest of 17 children: 4 boys and 13 girls. The winery is on the land where he grew up, before marrying my grandmother Gustava and getting his own land, which is where Mother and I are are trying to build our log cabin. However, back to the family tree. Below is a very abbreviated family tree, showing those with whom I play and to whom I will refer in these postings.

Am trying to figure out how to make it bigger without losing clarity. Call it WIP: work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment